A2PRODUCTION-STRING ALONG

Saturday 26 June 2010

silence



silence

For future work on a silent movie, we were assigned to research on our definition on silence and present it to our class.
For my research and presentation I decided to look at my journey home in a different way.

A normal journey home for me would consist of me getting on the train, or two buses, places where I recently found out many things go on however due to usually being on the phone reading a news paper or speaking with someone I tend to miss /ignore them. For my research I took on my journey differently and just listened to music, and just look for things which I thought looked interesting, even without being able hear as well as ways in which could tell a story successfully and clearly without the dialogue

From this I found that silence is far from a barrier. Many people see silence as preventing them from communicating, this short experience taught me that communication is more than just dialogue and many things can be communicated through the eyes the way people look at each other says a lot for example:

Public display of affection:
On the train with my headphones on I looked at people either sitting talking or just standing, from body language I could tell when certain people where tired, had long days or whether their day had just started. I even saw a couple sitting together, hugged up very closely to each other; simply from the way they looked at each other I could just tell that they wanted to say things and do things to each other.
Exploring people on public transport way very interesting as they are many different characters and images which inspired me for my future silent film. From this I got that the silence barrier can be overcome by mis en scene:
Costumes, and props and body language ect... These are things which will help me to tell my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment