A2PRODUCTION-STRING ALONG

Sunday 12 December 2010

Film poster research

From my research I have found out that the main aim of a film poster is, to giver a glimpse of a film to an audience. This is why a lot of money goes into there campaign. Many films have poster campaign, more than one type of poster to show kind of show audiences “our film has a variety of interesting things come and watch it” all star cast films, do this a lot as different people may have different preferences in actors, and would maybe prefer to see a certain person on the poster than another one, these are all ways to attract your target audience especially when you know what they want. An example of this is the posters for harry potter and the deathly hallows.

This is one reason why I have chosen to produce 3 different film posters, from the same campaign for my film, especially since it is a small production, I would need all the advertising I can get.


.











now for as long as I can remember I have always found the style of film posters below very interesting. Main reason being because I see it as having a lot of character because it has so much going on and it sometimes introduces all the character or maybe certain settings in the film which for me personally makes the film poster just that little more interesting than just a normal picture, of the main actors. This style inst always used, as many film posters remain quiet traditional, but tends to show up in films with a big cast, of films where all the characters have some sort of relation to each other, for example it has been done in posters for films such as valentines day, 500 days of summer, and a new And a Spanish film , loose canons.


This poster style also goes back to previous research. When I researched various styles for tittles and opening credits, the idea of stop motion animation, or montages with different pictures forming one.

No comments:

Post a Comment