A2PRODUCTION-STRING ALONG

Tuesday 19 October 2010

broken embraces



As part of the media course, we went to visit, the London Apollo cinema to, watch, broken embraces, a Spanish film originally called, Los abrazos rotos. The film starred Penelope Cruz, and was about the story of a young aspiring actress and her love for more than one man, which eventually brings her to her death.
The film for me was very exciting, something which I did not expect. This is because the film was in Spanish and so we had to, read subtitles, this from the start was a turnoff, and I did not expect to like the film as much as I did, I almost forgot that I was reading subtitles, this is very rare, and has only happened with films like City of God.

The film had a good story line as well as great visuals; the colour pattern of the film was red, which followed through throughout, and this was easy to spot and done effectively, so it didn’t look over the top or weird.
There were a few things which I found very interesting, such as camera shots, and angles, the most interesting for me was a very long take, which was done during a conversation between the main chracters, and a young boy. The long take went to each character without, cutting and this looked really good. Something which I defiantly want to attempt in my own movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment