A2PRODUCTION-STRING ALONG

Sunday 3 October 2010

interview with Antwone Fisher


the interview believe is a make believe one between me and one of my favorite film character. the aim of this is to understand character motivation, and learning how to build character motivations for my own character in future filming.


Q. As we know from the movie, you had a very sensitive childhood. But how would you personally describe it?

A. My childhood as you know hasn’t really been the best, I never really received the love from my parents which kids at school did, the love which a lot of them probably took for granted, but which I myself dreamed for and prayed for every night, you know, I just whished they could have realized what they were doing to me at the time, you know, because I was just a kid, and these are scares which will never ever leave me, I mean as I said before I have forgiven them however I will ever, ever forget.


Q. How do you currently feel towards your mother, would you say you hate her, I mean how did all your experiences make you feel towards, her?

A. Ermm. ‘coughs’ my mother, will always be my mother no matter what, that’s one thing I am always going to have to remember, before I saw her I hated her, I saw a lot of this as all her fault, you know, I felt like she just Abandoned me , I mean I know I didn’t know what she was going through at the time, but I just see love for someone as making sacrifices no matter what, you know, but my mother, she gave up and she Wasn’t there she was my mother but not my mum.

Q. What pushed you to go and meet your mother, and how did u feel afterward?


A.I just wanted to see how she was, what she looked like. This is mainly because as a kid I would paint pictures of what she would look like or me and the boys at the foster home would flick trough magazines and pick the prettiest woman to be our mother. When I saw her it was hard, I wasn’t prepared, you know, I jus wanted to see my mum. I just wanted to see if she would you know remember. I don’t really know what I was thinking. I didn’t want anything you know I just wanted her o be proud I didn’t, I just wanted her to know her son.

Q. In the end what made you end up talking about your life to the chief during your counseling?

A. At the beginning I felt like it would be the only way that I would be able to stay in my navy camp, I guess that was my only motivation, but as time went by I guess I felt like i needed to talk to somebody, not anybody, but the chief, which is what motivated me to do more wrong to gain more time with him. I guess I built trust which is really rare for some one like me.

Q. As we know, you joined the navy very young, what made you do that?

A. I joined the navy because I felt like, there was no other path, I mean after I ran away from the home, I was homeless for a few months and after Rodney got shot, I just needed to do something, just anything and that’s the first thing I thought of I guess, and now I have no regrets, because thanks to the navy I now have a great girl, met a great man, and found my family.



Q. In the movie all I saw was this drive and strive to be able to belong to a family.
So the ending was very moving for me, could you tell me a little bit more about how it felt when you met all those family members?


A. Wow, I must say that, that was like the greatest experience for me. It was kind of overwhelming I guess it just didn’t feel real. ‘Laughs’ ermm….. I cant really explain it but I just thank my aunty, it felt good to know that somebody actually cared you know, I just felt like my determination actually paid off, it felt like my childhood dreams.

Q. So now that you have found your family, is everything gong good, and do you have any plans for the future?

A. Everything is great I visit them or get visits each month, I feel like a changed man, and for he future I just hope to be happy, that’s all I want, to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment